Ms. Arasato, our School Counselor has many roles at White Oaks including:
- Supporting students on the playground through conflict resolution using our Kelso’s Choice Program.
- Consulting with parents and teachers to help with social and emotional concerns.
- Facilitating small group sessions for students on special topics such as social skills, coping skills, changing families/divorce, self-esteem, and emotional regulation. Parent permission and teacher approval are required for small group participation.
- Teaching our Safety Child Protection Unit using Second Step.
- Short term one on one student counseling
- Coordinating the school-wide kindness week challenge and end of the year transitioning lessons to support students moving on to middle school.
- Providing referrals and resources for students and families needing extra support.
Parents are welcome to contact Ms. Arasato by email or through the school office.
- Kimberly Arasato
- School Counselor, MEd, PPSC
- White Oaks Elementary School
- White Oaks Office Mon & Thurs, Alternating Wed.
- SCSD Elementary School Counselors Resource Website
- The Science of Character and SEL, video
- 5 keys to social and emotional learning success, video.
- Books That Heal Kids, blog
- SCSD Counseling and Mental Health
- A list of children’s books that support social-emotional learning.
- Child Protection: Information and Resources
- Why Elementary School Counselors?
- Virtual Calming Room, “Stop, Name Your Feeling, Calm Down” developed by SCSD school counselors
- Virtual Calming Room, “Take a Break”, developed by Melissa Sandlin, district behavior analyst
- Care Solace is a free, confidential service that connects students, families, and staff from the San Carlos School District to mental health or substance abuse services. Click the link or call (888) 515-0595 to get started.