The San Carlos School District shall provide an innovative and engaging learning experience that fosters the development of the whole child to ensure all students are well prepared for success in the 21st Century, as evidenced by:
- Reaching their highest academic, social, emotional, intellectual, and physical potential
- Becoming problem solvers, critical thinkers, risk-takers, designers, collaborators, and innovators
- Developing into contributing, empathic citizens and leaders who are responsible stewards of their world and care about equity and justice, both locally and worldwide.
Our preschool through third grade schools nurture primary-age learners by providing a range of hands-on experiences and opportunities for exploration. At this stage, children are growing by leaps and bounds across all areas of development: social, emotional, physical and cognitive. Our instructional program is designed to help children thrive!
Every year, the White Oaks School Site Council sets goals in support of the SCSD Strategic Plan. Schools goals are outlined in the Local Control Accountability Plan as well as in the annual Site Action and Accountability Plan.
What is the School Site Council?
The School Site Council is a representative group of parents and staff members charged with identifying and implementing curriculum and instructional practices that strengthen the academic program, and ensuring that all students have access to and success in that program.
The Council is responsible for:
- Providing input into the development of the annual school improvement plan
- Monitoring the progress of the school improvement plan
- Providing feedback to the Superintendent regarding the District’s Strategic Plan
Site Council meetings are open to the public. Site Council meeting dates can be found on the calendar.