From the Principal
Our Book of the Month is Not Yet by Lisa Cox and Lori Hockem. In this story, a little girl faces the challenges of her day with a growth mindset. This book is a perfect fit for our work in the area of goal-setting, and we’re reinforcing the following messages each day:
- We all have things that we aren’t good at yet
- When we persist, we begin to see a way to solve problems
- Our brains get stronger as we work through challenges. Our neurons connect and grow!
- When we make a plan, practice, and persevere, we can accomplish a goal
Allison Liner, Principal
School News and Events
Book Fair is Here!
The book fair is this week and in order to make it a successful event we need your help! Please consider volunteering at this fabulous event and help raise funds for the White Oaks library. Less than half of the volunteer spots have been filled. Please Sign up here.
Plan to shop the Book Fair Nov. 13-16. Shop early–don’t miss out!
- Mon 11/13: 8-8:45 am, 2:30-3:15 pm, 4:30-6:30pm
- Tues 11/14: 8-8:45 am, 2:30-3:15 pm; 5:15-7:30 pm
- Wed 11/15: 8-8:45 am, 12:30-1:15 pm, with Family Fun Night* 5:15-7:30 pm
- Thurs 11/16: 8-9:30 am, 2:30-3:15 pm
*On Family Fun night the Book Fair opens at 5:15 and the Puppet Show (TK-1st) and Magic Show (2nd &3rd) begins at 6:30pm. Shop at the book fair before the show!
Holiday Store Reminders – Key Dates
- 11/30/17 & 12/4/17 Project Parties in the MU; 7:00pm
- Take Home Projects due back to school 12/1
- 12/8/17 Event Set Up in the MU; 2:40 pm
- 12/9/17 – the EVENT!! 9:00am-12:00pm
The White Oaks School Site Council will meet from 3:00-4:00 pm on Thursday, November 30, 2017 in the school library. All meetings are open to the school community. Our agenda will include:
- Review and approval of minutes from the September meeting
- LCAP update: Reflections on October goal setting conferences and parent survey results
- LCAP update: Local Indicators and Priority 2: Implementation of Academic Standards
- Agenda setting for the January meeting
A Heartfelt Thank You from SCEF!
Many thanks to everyone who participated in our first SCEF day of the year and a big shout out to all our wonderful volunteers!
We are off to a great start because of your support.
If you haven’t already donated to our Annual Fund, please donate today here.
Superintendent Search Update
Superintendent Search Update: On Nov 16th, the Board will discuss next steps regarding the search process. Board will review Search firms5) who assist Boards in gathering community input, screening and recruiting candidates. Please join us on November 16th to learn more!
Registration is now open for 2018-2019 school year for new students!
Registration for all grades is now open (October 9, 2018) for any NEW incoming students. The registration process is centralized at the District office for all schools except the San Carlos Charter Learning Center (please visit their website for their registration procedures). Please do NOT go to individual schools to register.
If your child is a current student at one of the schools of the San Carlos School District schools in either transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or grades 1 to 8, you are not required to re-register during this window. For all students currently attending a SCSD school for the 2017-2018 school year, an email with your child’s InfoSnap code and instructions will be sent out later in April 2018 for you to re-register your child online and no action is required at this time.
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact the District Registrar at (650)508-7333 or visit the website here.
Community News and Events
Please visit our Community Corner for this week’s Community News!
- Driven to Support Music Education?
- Fairytale Comedy Fun
Other Community News
- Chickens’ Ball Auditions! Join the fun of the longest running PTA fundraiser in the U.S.!
- Do you need care for your kids during the Thanksgiving week holiday?
- Girl Scout Diaper and Wipe Drive benefiting There With Care
- Registration for the 2018 San Carlos Little League Season is LIVE!
- Sequoia High School’s Fall Musical: Chicago!, Nov. 17-19
- Softball Registration for Spring 2018 Now Open!
- Time to Sign Up for Youth Flag Football!
- Time to Sign Up for Youth Recreational Basketball!
- TRYOUTS – SAN CARLOS UNITED SOCCER CLUB
- Youth Symphony Performance