During this busy and exciting time of the school year, please mark your calendars for these events:
- School is closed on Monday, May 28th in honor of Memorial Day.
- Thursday, May 31st is Open House! Visit classrooms from 7:00-8:00 pm and don't miss the Art Show in the MU from 6:30-8:30 pm. Please note: This is a minimum day for students so that teachers can prepare. All students attend from 8:35 am - 12:35 pm.
- Join us on the playground for our Folk Dance at 8:45 am on Wednesday, June 6th. Our celebrated tradition continues!
- Parents of third graders, join us for the Moving on Celebration on Thursday, June 14th. Meet in front of the office by 11:25 am.
- Our last school day is Thursday, June 14th. All students will attend from 8:35 am - 12:35 pm. Report cards will be sent home with students.
- Class lists for the 2018-2019 school year will be posted on Friday, August 17th at 5:00 pm.
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 22nd. This is a minimum day (since it is a Wednesday).
- Back to School Night is scheduled for Tuesday, August 28th and this will be a minimum day for students so that teachers can prepare.
Allison Liner, Principal
School News and Events
Pick up Medication at the School Office
This is a reminder to families of students with medications at school to pick the medications up from the school office the final day of school. Medications not picked up will be disposed of.
Please remember to have orders for school medications renewed this summer. The district requires new orders signed by your health care provider each year.
If you have questions please contact the nursing team.
SMART-E Enrichment for the Remainder of the School Year
Enrichment classes for week of May 29 -June 1: Thursday (minimum day) - NO Hummingbird Piano and Ukulele; and Chess will be at 12:50 (last one); Friday - Legos (last one)
Enrichment classes for week of June 4-8: Thursday - Hummingbird Piano and Ukulele (last one)
Arroyo Bike Tour - For Outgoing 3rd Graders
Saturday, June 2nd Silicon Valley Bike Coalition will be holding a bike tour for all outgoing 3rd graders who will be students at Arroyo school next year. The event will begin at 10:30am at White Oaks and include a brief safety instruction, helmet fitting, bike tune-up, and round trip bike tour to Arroyo and back to familiarize students with the best route.
If you have questions or would like more information please contact Adam Lokar.
Recognize SCSD Leaders For Their Contributions
Please join us on Wednesday, June 6th between 4-6pm at Heather Elementary School’s MUR to honor and celebrate Allison Liner, John Triska, Marie Crawford, Ray Dawley, Robert Porter and Steven Kaufman for their devotion to the students and families of the San Carlos School District. Please drop by any time between 4 - 6pm to wish them good luck on their next steps! Here is the link to RSVP so that we have an idea for refreshments.
Thank you to the PTA Coordinating Council for the refreshments.
Math Review - Fun Ways to Get Back to the Basics
Does your child need to brush up on their math skills before school starts? Students in this camp will feel more confident returning to school better prepared. The class will be offered the week of August 6-10. There is a class for incoming 5th/6th graders and incoming 7th/8th graders. Please see the San Carlos Park and Rec Guide (page 14) for more information on how to sign up for the class. This class is taught by a veteran Math Teacher.
What does my SCEF donation fund at my school?
SCEF's mission is to provide equity among all San Carlos schools and to bridge the gap between what the State provides and the needs of our students. Your donations to SCEF are used to fund key programs at your school. SCEF dollars help keep libraries open and staffed, underwrite the cost of counselors to provide emotional support and teach cooperation & citizenship, support music in the classrooms with Music for Minors and promote a well-rounded curriculum with regular field trips. SCEF dollars are used at each school to purchase technology devices and fund Tech Associates who support your child’s safe and effective use of technology. In addition, each school Principal receives a grant every year from SCEF to fund school specific needs.
Please make your donation by June 30, 2018 to ensure that all these programs continue next year at your child’s school. Make your donation today on our site.
San Carlos night at SF Giants
Join SCEF and your neighbors for San Carlos Night at SF Giants on Saturday June 2, 2018, at 7pm vs. Philadelphia Phillies. Tickets are $50 each (cash or check only) and available at San Carlos Parks & Recreation office, 2nd floor of City Hall from 10a-4p Monday through Friday.