From the Principal
LCAP Parent Advisory Committee
Annually, our school district develops an improvement plan called the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). We are committed to engaging parents as an essential voice in our goal-setting process. Representatives from each school formed the 2018 LCAP Parent Advisory Committee (PAC). The PAC serves in an advisory role to inform the development of the next three-year LCAP, and we hope you will engage in the process.
Our next PAC meetings are coming up on the following dates in the SCSD District Office Board Room, 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9 in San Carlos. All meetings are open to the school community.
- April 24, 2018 from 6:30-7:30 pm
- May 15, 2018 from 1:00-2:00 pm
How To Get Involved
- Get to know our goals. View the simplified 2017-2018 LCAP here or the full text here.
- Review resources from the California PTA here
- Attend a Site Council meeting. At White Oaks, our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 26th from 3:00-4:00 pm in Room 1.
- Reach out to me with ideas, questions and concerns
- Attend a PAC meeting
- Attend a School Board meeting. Once we gather input and finalize our plan, we will share our LCAP at public hearing in June.
- Annually, complete our strategic plan survey. Thank you to the families who completed this year’s survey!
Allison Liner, Principal
School News and Events
Walk to School Wednesday Reminder
A quick note to remind everyone to walk, roll or scoot to school and stop by with the volunteers to collect a charm. See you on Wednesday!!
The Knight at Dawn Kids Theatre Production is April 26, 27 and 28
White Oaks School and the San Carlos Children’s Theatre production of Magic Tree House Collection The Knight at Dawn Kids is only a few weeks away. The school performance will be on Thursday, April 26 at 1:30 pm and the public performances will be on Friday, April 27 at 7 pm and Saturday, April 28 at 1 pm. This is a free event and seating is first come first served.
PTA Thanks the Special Events Team
Special thanks to Julie Stallings, Jen Larocque and Jaime Ackerhalt for organizing another successful Family Fun Day at the ballpark! The skies cleared for a great day at the Stanford Sunken Baseball Diamond last Sunday and we really appreciate all the effort that went into planning this fun event.
Chicken’s Ball – Don’t Miss the Chance to See the Oldest Tradition in San Carlos!
The San Carlos Chicken’s Ball is a live stage show put on by San Carlos community members. This is the longest running PTA event in the US and has been raising funds for San Carlos public schools for 77 years.
This year’s theme is “Time Stands Still,” a Broadway revue. Show dates are: Friday, April 20, Saturday, April 21, Sunday, April 22, Friday, April 27, Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29. Show times are 1:00PM (Satuday & Sunday) and 7:30PM in Mustang Hall, Central Middle School.
White Oaks will be honored during the Friday, April 20 show. Come enjoy a vaudeville-style fun show and support our school (adults only).
Buy tickets and learn more about the show on the Chicken’s Ball site.
Help us Reach Our Good Eggs Fundraising Goal!
Earn 10% back for White Oaks every time you shop on Good Eggs during March & April.
Help us reach our fundraising goal of $1000. So far we have raised almost $350 for White Oaks. To receive payment we need to add 4 more new customers for Good Eggs. Please spread the word to friends and family who already use Good Eggs or are new customers. New customers get $15 off their 1st order. Fundraiser ends on April 30th.
HOW TO ENROLL
Step 1 Visit schools.goodeggs.com.
Step 2 Enter the code whiteoaks. You’ll get $15 off if you’ve never tried Good Eggs!
Step 3 Place an order; you’re enrolled!
WHY GOOD EGGS?
- Same-day delivery straight to your door.
- Everything you need to stock your kitchen ––from produce, meat and fish, baked goods, to kids’ food and paper goods!
- Easy 20-minute (and kid-friendly!) dinner kits to take the hassle out of weeknight dinner.
- And even kids’ lunch kits to last the whole week!
News from Healthy Cities Tutoring
After 21 years leading the work of Healthy Cities Tutoring, Executive Director Donna Becht, is stepping down this fall. Donna will continue with the organization during the transition.
The organization is seeking a collaborative community leader and hands-on director who will continue to inspire, guide and lead the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the fundraising, marketing, finances, administration and programs under the guidance of the strategic plan. Interested candidates for this position are encouraged to apply.
Click here for full job description and instructions to apply.
Emerald Starlight Gala Highlights!
Thanks to all of you who joined us and helped raise much needed funds for all our schools at the Emerald Starlight Gala.
Congratulations to our Lucky On Live winner Mary Rosen who chose the trip to Washington DC as her prize.
The Last Person Standing won the diamond earrings from Geoffrey’s and then generously donated them back to SCEF for use in another raffle…stay tuned!
Mark Your Calendars!
You won’t want to miss our next party…Revel at Devil’s featuring Tainted Love on May 12th!
San Carlos Night at SF Giants- tickets on sale now!!!
Join SCEF and your neighbors for San Carlos Night at SF Giants on Saturday, June 2, 2018, at 7pm vs. Philadelphia Phillies. Tickets are $50 each (cash or check only) and available at San Carlos Parks & Recreation office, 2nd floor of City Hall from 10a-4p Monday through Friday. Get into the park early to see our kids sing the National Anthem!!!
Community News and Events
Please visit our Community Corner for this week’s Community News!
- Register for Summer Auditions(San Carlos Children’s Theater)
- Skyhawks Summer Sports Camps
- Support the San Carlos schools by attending the San Carlos Chicken’s Ball show!
Other Community News
- Fun Summer Camp: Arts &Crafts and Yoga
- PHS/SPCA ‘Be Kind to Animals Week’ Art Contest
- Riley Run 2018 – Time to Register!
- Spring Break Art Camp & Classes is April 9 – 13 at Create Mix and Mingle!